Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Vaccine Logistics & Cold Chain Managers (VCCMs), for Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) Project with SAMS, Districts of Gujarat, Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh
2. BACKGROUND: Strategic Alliance Management Service P Ltd. (SAMS)is a premier management consultancy that has been exclusively focused on providing recruitment, payrolling and supply chain management services, to the public health and development sectors in India, for the past 19 years.
SAMS’ clients include bilaterals, multilaterals, I/NGOs and both Central and State Government organizations. SAMS has managed drug logistics and health supplies for the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) at CTD, MoHFW for the past 15 years. SAMS has provided similar support to NVBDCP and briefly to NACP.
UNDP is introducing and expanding the eVIN system to all districts in eight states - Assam, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Orissa, Bihar, Manipur and Nagaland. eVIN is an exciting, ‘breakthrough’ initiative that is expected to improve the availability of quality vaccines to the Universal Immunization Programme (UIP), at the state and district levels. VCCM will be an integral component of the UNDP project team and work towards contributing to the objectives of the project.
The project is funded through December 2016.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
VCCM will work in close coordination and supervision of District Immunization Officer and report to UNDP Project Officer- Operations in their respective regions/divisions, the VCCMs shall be responsible for managing programme planning, implementation, capacity building, monitoring and reporting on all eVIN interventions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(A) Programme Planning and Implementation:
(1) Planning and execution of all activities related to eVIN implementation in the designated district, in close coordination with district DIO/ RCHO;
(2) Support the work of Cold Chain Handlers (CCH) at District Vaccine Store (DVS) and cold chain points in improving timely stock entries and their online visibility, including temperature performance of cold chain equipment.
(B) Technical Assistance:
(1) Support the District Immunization Officer (DIO) in all activities pertaining to vaccine logistics and cold chain management in the district. This includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Vaccine stock forecasting;
(b) Cold chain needs assessment;
(c) Indent generation;
(d) Storage and distribution planning for vaccines, syringes and Cold Chain Equipment (CCE);
(e) Planning for preventive maintenance of CCE;
(f) Any other work assigned by the DIO as and when required.
(2) Support the DIO in organizing review meetings of Cold Chain Handlers(CCH);
(3) Develop vaccine collection and distribution cycle and ensure its implementation with support from District Vaccine Store(DVS) in-charge;
(4) Ensure all transactions (issue, receipt, discard, transfer etc.) of vaccines and syringes are entered in the eVIN system;
(5) Review the online data entry of all vaccine and syringes transactions on daily basis and ensure regular & timely updating from all cold chain points;
(6) Regular analysis of consumption patterns, wastage rates, monthly reports etc. supporting DIO in taking corrective actions;
(7) Monitor cold chain performance through remote temperature loggers and ensure prompt response to temperature excursions at cold chain points across the district;
(8) Work closely with the district refrigerator mechanic to ensure timely repair of cold chain machines;
(9) Visit all iced-lined refrigerator (ILR) points in the district and support the DIO in day to day monitoring and implementation;
(10) Work closely with State and district Level Health officials;
(11) Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of the system and provide; technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks in the implementation of eVIN;
(12) Undertake field visits for 20 days in a month within district;
(13) Prepare periodic status reports, annual reports, case studies, etc. in a qualitative and timely manner.
(C) Capacity Building of Cold Chain Handlers:
(1) Conduct training sessions for CCH and plan for refresher trainings and training of newly recruited staff;
(2) Supportive supervision of CCH in effective vaccine logistics and cold chain management including temperature recording and handling;
(3) Identify capacity-building needs on eVIN and undertake capacity building activities at district level for different levels of health professionals and field-level functionaries, facilitate learning exchanges.
(D) Vaccine Temperature Management:
(1) Temperature logger installation, this includes:
(a) Verifying master-data readiness before site installation;
(b) Signing-off post logger installation;
(c) Associating the temperature logger with CCE.
(2) Cold Chain Equipment and Temperature logger monitoring on a regular basis;
(3) Ongoing maintenance of assets, this includes:
(a) Updating the configuration of temperature logger;
(b) Updating/ maintaining master-data in the eVIN web application once the logger is installed;
(c) Registering CCE, or similar assets, or temperature loggers, if they are not in the eVIN system.
(E) Admin and HR:
(1) Develop Monthly work plan and Monthly activity report for submission to PO-Operations;
(2) Prepare travel logs and vouchers;
(3) Attendance report generation, salary and TA issuing and approval of leave.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be graduates, with an additional qualification in Business Administration/ Public Health/ Hospital Management/ Social Science/ Material Management or Supply Chain Management, from a reputed University/ Institution.
(1) A minimum of three years of professional work experience at the State /District level on implementation projects, in the health sector;
(2) Two to three years proven experience in the public health system and programs at district level. Experience in vaccine supply chain and cold chain, will be preferred;
(3) Experience in managing information technology driven projects will be an asset;
(4) Experience of working in the State Government or other international development organization, will be an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
(1) Good knowledge of the health system in India and its states;
(2) Good analytical, negotiating, communication skills;
(3) Good knowledge of written and spoken English is required;
(4) Working knowledge of the local language of the duty station, will be needed.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation offered for the position shall be Rs. 22,000/- per month, plus Rs. 5,000/- per month towards reimbursement of actual travel costs incurred within the district.
Please note that VCCMs shall be on the payroll of SAMS.
6. LOCATION: Districts of Gujarat, Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh
*Please note that the above mentioned number of vacancies are indicative and final numbers may vary.
7. REFERENCE: VCCM-SAMS
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at http://sams.co.in/samsrecruitment/VCCMform.php giving details of three references and current compensation drawn. For further details please visit www.sams.co.in.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.