Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Technical Officer/ Advisor- Project Implementation, International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Founded in 1920, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), is both a non-profit institute with five scientific departments and several offices worldwide, and a federation of close to 3,000 organisations and individuals who are committed to the same goals. Its scientific departments focus on tuberculosis, HIV, lung health and non-communicable diseases, tobacco control and research; and each engages in research, provides technical assistance and offers training and other capacity-building activities leading to health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Mission: To promote national autonomy within the framework of the priorities of each country by developing, implementing and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programmes as well as other public health issues.
The Union’s Vision: Health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Values:
(1) Quality: The Union delivers services and products to the highest possible standards.
(2) Accountability: The Union is responsible steward of resources and delivers on its commitments.
(3) Independence: The Union maintains the freedom to pursue innovation and is guided by the best evidence to improve the health of the poor.
(4) Solidarity: The Union stands together with its members and partners, as one, to overcome the greatest challenges to improve health among the communities it serves.
For more information about The Union’s work in South East Asia, please visit http://www.theunion.org/where-we-work/south-east-asia
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Manager in the Project Management Unit of the Union South-East Asia Office, the Technical Officer/ Advisor- Project Implementation shall be responsible for managing the implementation of project related activities under Project Axshya in the state of Uttarakhand.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Supervise and manage project implementation in conjunction with the project staff in Uttarakhand, including personally visiting intervention sites and providing supportive supervision to ensure delivery of project outcomes defined in the performance framework and at a community level;
(2) Assist in ensuring coordination among government and non-government sectors, including involvement of NGOs and private physicians;
(3) Coordinate closely with RNTCP, state and district level; coordinate closely with other SRs working in the State; coordinate closely and synergise with other programme partners at the state and district levels.
(4) Establish a strong system that facilitates active monitoring and validation of the project activities at a district and state level;
(5) Supportively supervise project staff in the state including but not limited to the following activities:
(a) Providing technical expertise in the development and conduct of training to build the team’s capacity
(b) Checking, validating and approving activity and travel plans, summary reports and claims
(c) Ensuring proper, authentic and complete documentation for Project, Finance and HR related processes
(6) Facilitate regular reviews of the project including:
(a) Submission of periodic reports for project and policy implementation in prescribed formats
(b) Coordinate and actively participate in Sub-Recipient/ partner meetings and reviews
(c) Organizing quarterly Uttarakhand staff review meetings
(7) Support and sometimes lead on preparation of project related communication material like IEC material, concept notes for district/ state level activities;
(8) Manage and develop a diverse and spread out project team;
(9) Exercise duty of care towards all project staff and ensure an environment of safety, security and engagement for all staff.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be Post Graduates in Public Health, Social Work, or related area, from a reputed institute.
(1) Minimum three years of relevant experience in managing public health programmes at the national/ state level;
(2) Experience of working with RNTCP shall be an advantage.
Competencies and Skills:
(1) Strong oral and written communication skills;
(2) Fluency in both Hindi and English are highly desirable;
(3) Proficiency in using Microsoft Office package;
(4) Willingness to travel as necessary (up to 50% of time) within the country;
(5) Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines;
(6) Ability to build strong network and relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position shall be attractive. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Dehradun
This is a contractual position for an initial period of one year, extendable based on availability of funds and the performance of the incumbent.
8. REFERENCE: TOAPI-UNION
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
10. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates must send their latest resume/CV and cover letter indicating the position applied for in the subject and discussing their interest and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation to email@example.com, latest by December 23, 2016.
Applicants must also submit the Job Application Form (to be filled online at https://goo.gl/forms/hchmlnx4QzdbJBRx1) before the deadline. Please note that applications submitted without the Job Application Form will not be accepted.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.