Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Team Leader- Programmes (TLP), Swami Sivananda Memorial Institute, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Established in 1964, the Swami Sivananda Institute Memorial Institute (SSMI) is a secular not for profit Institute which works to improve the quality of life of the under-privileged women, youth and children through research, promotion, provisioning of services and skill development in the fields of education, health, nutrition, environment and livelihood.
SSMI, in partnership with the Govt. of NCT of Delhi, is providing supplementary nutrition under the Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) as well as aims at social justice, equity, education and empowerment of the marginalized and under privileged sections of society leading to inclusive growth and all round development.
SSMI, works in the following areas:
(1) Education: Providing free education to a 1,000 children daily and simultaneously providing teacher’s training to non-collegiate girls residing in slums;
(2) Women Empowerment:
(a) Imparting vocational skill training for livelihood generation to 200 women, in the areas of textiles and food production;
(b) SSMI has successfully designed and implemented a programme, ‘SUBHA- A New Dawn for Women’ where women from the under-privileged community are provided production skills that enable them to have gainful employment or income by establishing linkages between the artisans and the markets;
(3) Nutrition: Supplementary Nutrition provided by mid-day meal, under ICDS to 23,000 women and children every day;
(4) Health: Successful treatment given to over 4,000 persons annually, by arranging free Medical eye-camps in collaboration with Vision for All and AIIMS in slums areas.
For more information, please visit, http://ssmi.in
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director, the Team Leader- Programmes (TLP) shall be responsible for developing a strategic road map for development, management and execution of SSMI’s programs and projects. S/he will maintain and strengthen partnerships with donors, local organizations, government and other key stakeholders, in the context of resource mobilization, as well as establishing new strategic partnerships. S/he will also be responsible for proper stewardship of resources in the organization, consistent with the organization’s principles, policies, and donor requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a respected nonprofit organization, doing extremely credible work in Women Empowerment, Nutrition and Education.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Assisting in the development and execution of strategies and plans to grow SSMI’s programs and better service donors by bringing in more quality and depth;
(2) Developing annual and monthly work plans for the organization and lead its implementation;
(3) Developing SSMI’s proposals and ensuring quality and reporting with particular emphasis on SSMI’s value added services while managing the projects;
(4) Developing close working relationships with NGO partners and stakeholders, ensuring mature management of the relationships;
(5) Establishing and managing new and existing donors and exploring news ways to increase the organization’s reach and the resources generated;
(6) Organizing capacity building workshops and events, in the areas of education, health, nutrition, women empowerment and livelihood;
(7) Providing supervision, mentoring and handholding to the team of coordinators reporting to this position and ensuring that results are delivered on time;
(8) Coordinating and conducting field monitoring visits of all ongoing projects and ensuring compliances to field observations;
(9) Generating quarterly/ yearly reports and facilitating the integration of performance data into monthly and annual work plans.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Master’s degree in a development-related field.
(1) Minimum three to five years of experience in social sector;
(2) Experience of strategic thinking, decision making, development of thought leadership and intellectual rigour;
(3) Experience of managing multi donor (including corporate), multi sectoral, small and large budgeted, complex programs;
(4) Experience of strategic planning and business modelling, ideally in a cross-sectoral, multi-disciplinary field.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Ability to leverage existing projects and grants to attract more business and gain scale in operations;
(2) Excellent communication skills including the gravitas to represent the organization at the highest level within civil society sector, companies and government;
(3) Strong people management skills and influencing and negotiating skills with an ability to build constructive and long-term relationships;
(4) Ability to handle conflicting priorities and achieve stretch targets;
(5) Ability to inspire and lead a passionate and intelligent team;
(6) Strong proposal writing skills and experience of working with (financial and/ or impact) target driven business models;
(7) Knowledge and experience of working in the NGO sector in India;
(8) Experience of developing, adapting and applying program management tools and MIS;
(9) Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross annual remuneration budgeted for the position is approx. Rs. 4,80,000/- per annum. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: TLP-SSMI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation at the earliest.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.