Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Senior Manager- HR and Administration, Asha Community Health and Development Society, New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 1988 by Dr. Kiran Martin, Asha Community Health and Development Society (ASHA) is a respected, Delhi-centric non-profit, working in 71 slum colonies across the city, serving more than 500,000 slum dwellers.
ASHA’s mission is to work with the urban poor, to bring about a long term and sustainable transformation to their quality of life, by providing holistic community based health care, community empowerment, education and environmental improvement. ASHA has been remarkably successful in encouraging and enabling the communities it serves to receive and enjoy basic human rights in the above areas. The organization is lauded and credited with significantly improving the lives of slum dwellers in the areas it serves.
Over the years, ASHA has won the respect and ongoing support of a large number of influential well-wishers, both in India and overseas. The organization is supported by registered “Friends of Asha Societies” in Great Britain, Ireland, Australia and the USA. In addition, ASHA is supported by donor agencies such as Tearfund New Zealand, Tear Netherlands and ICCo Netherlands, apart from bilateral agencies such as Irish Aid, NZ Aid, Japanese GGP and AusAid.
ASHA launched programmes for increased access to education and financial inclusion in 2008, and has assisted and supported more than 1,500 slum children in gaining admission to and attending university, by helping them fill applications, organising university preparation workshops and financial support for meeting college fees and related expenses. In a pilot programme developed in association with the Ministry of Finance, ASHA has partnered with leading Indian national banks for providing slum dwellers with bank accounts and access to loans for different purposes.
For more information about ASHA, please visit website www.asha-india.org.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Senior Manager- HR and Administration shall be responsible for leading the Human Resources and Administration functions at ASHA with emphasis on helping develop and implement the talent management strategy, including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development, performance planning, management development and succession planning. The post holder shall additionally be responsible for overseeing and coordinating administrative and regulatory matters at ASHA.
This is exciting opportunity for an HR and Administration professional to lead and contribute to the organizational development of a respected non-profit transforming lives in the slums of New Delhi, that is poised to significantly expand operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(A) Human Resource Management
(1) Execute talent management strategy including policy development, documentation, training and implementation ensuring compliance with employment law and regulatory concerns;
(2) Manage recruitment initiatives through coordination and management with external executive recruiting agencies, employment agencies and recruiters;
(3) Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude towards ASHA’s objectives;
(4) Ensure appropriate process for performance reviews;
(5) Implement and manage plan for professional development and facilitate trainings, based on defined competencies;
(6) Ensure that employee engagement activities and organisational development initiatives are in alignment with the desired culture at ASHA;
(7) Have a pulse on employee satisfaction, overseeing employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
(8) Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers and represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations;
(9) Analyse the effectiveness of all human resources efforts both financially and in terms of producing the organization’s needed objectives and outcomes;
(10) Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts to help resolve work-related problems
(11) Liaise with legal experts and keep abreast of regulatory changes impacting the mode of employment and/or contracting with human resources to be adopted by ASHA.
(1) Manage security personnel and contract vendors;
(2) Liaise with statutory and government bodies as per requirement;
(3) Manage maintenance of general facilities and building;
(4) Ensure health, safety and security management;
(5) Direct, plan and manage essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, transport etc.;
(6) Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise;
(7) Ensure efficient and effective administrative processes
(8) Under the guidance of top management, liaise with legal experts appointed by the Society to ensure compliance with law, rules and regulatory processes relating to premises and/or assets of the organization.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a Master’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field.
Applicants should possess 10-12 years of relevant experience in human resource management and administration, preferably with the development sector.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Self-starter with a willingness to take initiative in problem identification and providing solutions;
(2) Good networking skills with ability to setup/ establish a strong network interdepartmentally;
(3) Team player with positive attitude, pro-activeness and resourcefulness;
(4) Quality conscious and goal oriented;
(5) Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
(6) Excellent oral and written communication skills;
(7) Ability to multi task including following through on task assignments, accurately and efficiently completing tasks within specified deadlines;
(8) Seasoned judgement skills demonstrating efficiency, productivity and displaying strong organizational skills;
(9) Honest, loyal, dependable and practice of strict code of ethics;
(10) Ability to effectively manage people at all skill levels;
(11) Concern for the welfare of slum dwellers and enthusiasm for the ways in which ASHA serves these communities.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs. 14 lacs per annum, with scope for improvement in the case of an exceptional candidate. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. WORK CONDITIONS:
Working hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Saturday, with the understanding that staff may be asked to work beyond these hours to meet urgent deadlines. Preference will be given to Delhi- NCR based candidates.
8. REFERENCE: SMHRA-ACHDS
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to email@example.com submitting a cover letter highlighting their motivation to apply and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume including names and contact details of at least two referees, at the earliest.