Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Mission Director- Health (MDH), HelpAge India, New Delhi
HelpAge India is a secular, apolitical, non-profit and non-governmental organisation, registered under the Indian Societies' Registration Act of 1860. Set up in 1978, HelpAge India works for the cause and care of disadvantaged older persons, with a view to improving the quality of their lives.
HelpAge India is one of the founding members of HelpAge International, a high profile confederation of non-profits from 97 member countries, representing the cause of the elderly at the United Nations.
HelpAge India works in the following areas:
(1) Elderly Rights: Elder Abuse in India, Reverse Mortgage, Senior Citizens Associations (SCAs), Ending Isolation, Health Insurance, Parents Maintenance Act, Union Budget Allocation and National Policy on Older Persons;
(2) Eldercare: Healthcare, Social Protection, Shelters, Specialized Care, Disaster and Mitigation;
(3) Supporters: Individual Volunteering, Corporates and Business Houses, Trusts and Foundations, Bilateral and Multilateral Agencies/ Funds, etc.
HelpAge India runs several programs addressing the needs of the disadvantaged elderly. These include Mobile Medical Units, Cataract Surgeries, Cancer care, Agecare Centres, Elder Helplines, Livelihood programmes and Tamaraikulam Elders Village.
For more information about HelpAge India, please visit https://www.helpageindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Mission Director- Health (MDH) shall be a part of the senior management team, responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic policy framework, leading programmes and managing operations of the Health Care Mission of HelpAge India. The Health Care Mission runs a number of programmes dedicated to the health of the elderly and these include Mobile Healthcare, Cataract Surgeries, Physiocare, Cancer Care and Health Camps. The MDH will guide and oversee more than a 100 qualified health professionals and ensure the provision of quality services by the Mission.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior public health manager to play a leadership role at one of India’s most respected non-profits, focused on the welfare and development of elderly people.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Creating and updating the operating and strategic policy framework, covering all the operational aspects of the Health Care Mission;
(2) Budget planning and oversight across HelpAge geographies, covering the annual programme and individual projects, external/ internal reporting, MIS and Stakeholder Management;
(3) Overseeing field implementation, including planning, supervising and mentoring;
(4) Assisting resource mobilisation teams with concept formulation, proposal preparation and resource mobilization support, including negotiations with donors and donor reporting;
(5) Working closely with other Missions at HelpAge (Livelihoods, AgeCare and Advocacy), with a view to ensuring that all HelpAge India programmes are in alignment with one another and constantly updated with reference to the market and regulatory needs.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must possess a postgraduate degree in Public Health, Medicine or other health-related discipline;
(2) Qualified medical professionals shall be at an advantage.
(1) Minimum 20 years’ experience, of which 10 years must be in Public Health, with emphasis on senior citizens/ geriatric health care;
(2) Prior experience of working with different stakeholder groups, across a large number of states in India;
(3) Familiarity with various Central and State Government schemes;
(4) Prior experience in international development work, particularly in the areas of program design and management and building relationships with government, NGOs and donors, shall be preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Ability to work in close collaboration with team members and remote field offices;
(2) Excellent writing/ editing and verbal communication skills in English and at least one or more Indian languages;
(3) Experience in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation;
(4) Prior experience of working with senior/ geriatric communities, in health or any other domain;
(5) Ability to work independently and to deadlines;
(6) Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
(7) Good organisational and administrative skills;
(8) Ability to think of out of the box and develop solutions for existing issues;
(9) Strong Inter-personal and leadership skills, with the ability to train/ motivate/ retain teams and resolve conflicts;
(10) Ability to drive and track activities at individual, project and state levels, while working in a matrix organization;
(11) Ability to set and manage targets/ budgets;
(12) Demonstrated capabilities in establishing, stabilizing and upgrading standards and operating procedures;
(13) Demonstrated capability in handling partnerships/ stakeholders
(14) Ability and willingness to travel extensively within India, for about 30% of the time.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Compensation shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate, as per industry norms.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: MDH-HI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation at the earliest. For further details please visit www.sams.co.in.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with the promising candidates will start almost right away.