Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Mission Director- Age Care (MDA), HelpAge India, New Delhi
HelpAge India is a secular, apolitical, non-profit and non-governmental organisation, registered under the Indian Societies' Registration Act of 1860. Set up in 1978, HelpAge India works for the cause and care of disadvantaged older persons, with a view to improving the quality of their lives.
HelpAge India is one of the founding members of HelpAge International, a high profile confederation of non-profits from 97 member countries, representing the cause of the elderly at the United Nations.
HelpAge India works in the following areas:
(1) Elderly Rights: Elder Abuse in India, Reverse Mortgage, Senior Citizens Associations (SCAs), Ending Isolation, Health Insurance, Parents Maintenance Act, Union Budget Allocation and National Policy on Older Persons;
(2) Eldercare: Healthcare, Social Protection, Shelters, Specialized Care, Disaster and Mitigation;
(3) Supporters: Individual Volunteering, Corporates and Business Houses, Trusts and Foundations, Bilateral and Multilateral Agencies/ Funds, etc.
HelpAge India runs several programs addressing the needs of the disadvantaged elderly. These include Mobile Medical Units, Cataract Surgeries, Cancercare, Agecare Centres, Elder Helplines, Livelihood programmes and Tamaraikulam Elders Village.
For more information about HelpAge India, please visit https://www.helpageindia.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Mission Director- Age Care (MDA) shall be a part of the senior management team, responsible for formulating and implementing the strategic policy framework, leading programmes and managing operations of the Age Care Mission of HelpAge India. The Age Care Programme includes Old Age Homes, Physiotherapy Centres, Elder Helplines and other age care and related services across India.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior development professional to play a leadership role at one of India’s most respected non-profits, focused on the welfare and development of elderly people.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(1) Creating and updating the operating and strategic policy framework, covering all the operational aspects of the Age Care Mission;
(2) Budget planning and oversight across HelpAge geographies, covering the annual programme and individual projects, external/ internal reporting, MIS and Stakeholder Management;
(3) Overseeing operations, including planning, supervision and mentoring of Old Age Homes, Physiotherapy Centres and Elder Helplines, planning penetration and ensuring coverage and efficacy of age care services across India;
(4) Assisting Resource Mobilisation teams with concept formulation, proposal preparation and resource mobilization support, including negotiations with donors and donor reporting;
(5) Working closely with other Missions at HelpAge (Livelihoods, Healthcare and Advocacy), with a view to ensuring that all HelpAge India programmes are in alignment with one another and constantly updated, with reference to the market and regulatory needs.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must possess a postgraduate degree in Social Welfare or Social Work and/or Masters in Hospital Management/ Administration, or related discipline;
(2) Applicants with a public health background shall be at an advantage.
(1) Minimum 15-20 years of experience in elder issues, or overseeing and running interventions for the destitute/ elderly/ others;
(2) Prior experience of working with different stakeholder groups, across a large number of states in India;
(3) Familiarity with various Central and State Government schemes;
(4) Prior experience in international development work, particularly in the areas of program design and management and building relationships with government, NGOs and donors, shall be preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Ability to think of out of the box solutions for existing issues;
(2) Excellent writing/ editing and verbal communication skills in English and at least one or more Indian languages;
(3) Proven and strong track record as an implementer, managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
(4) Experience in research, monitoring, evaluation;
(5) Experience in proposal development, planning and budgeting;
(6) Prior work experience with senior/ geriatric communities, in health or any other domain;
(7) Ability to work in close collaboration with team members and remote field offices;
(8) Ability to work independently and to deadlines;
(9) Good analytical skills and attention to detail;
(10) Good organisational and administrative skills;
(11) Strong Inter-personal and leadership skills, with the ability to train/ motivate/ retain teams and resolve conflicts;
(12) Ability to drive and track activities at individual, project and state levels, while working in a matrix organization;
(13) Ability to set and manage targets/ budgets;
(14) Exposure to project management, from conceptualization to execution, tracking and impact measurement;
(15) Leadership skills with demonstrated competence in handling of partnerships, stakeholders and decision making;
(16) Demonstrated capabilities in establishing, stabilizing and upgrading standards and operating procedures.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Compensation shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate, as per industry norms.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: MDA-HI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation at the earliest. For further details please visit www.sams.co.in.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with promising candidates shall commence almost right away.