Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Head of Finance and Administration, Wadhwani Initiative for Sustainable Healthcare (WISH), New Delhi
The Wadhwani Initiative for Sustainable Healthcare (WISH) is a not-for-profit initiative of the Lords Education & Health Society (LEHS), and is working to build an equitable, innovation-led healthcare system that puts quality healthcare within easy reach of the poor. The Vision of WISH is to facilitate a demand led ecosystem for healthcare innovations, reach 10 million poor Indians, with quality healthcare services and scale up 20 high impact healthcare innovations by the year 2020.
The strategic thrust of WISH’s programs is to align itself with key programmatic priorities of government and India and state governments. Specifically it will address key Reproductive Maternal Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A) issues e.g. malnutrition, anemia, diarrhea, ARIs, non-adherence to antenatal care and postnatal care, along with deficiencies within the primary and preventive healthcare system, contributing to achievement of priority Millennium Development Goals, as well as Sustainable Development Goals, Government of India’s goal of ‘Health for All’/ Universal Health Coverage with special emphasis on reducing infant, neonatal and maternal mortalities along with emerging new non communicable diseases like diabetes, hypertension, stroke and cancer.
The three strategic intervention area of WISH are: (i) identifying most promising innovations/social enterprises within private and public space to support them with funds and technical assistance for scale up; (ii) work closely with both state and central governments to strengthen programs using evidence based low cost healthcare delivery strategies and innovations and (iii) strengthen the healthcare ecosystem for stakeholders to connect, converge and leverage knowledge and resources through Knowledge Hubs.
For more details about WISH, please visit http://www.wishfoundationindia.org/
WISH seek applications from competent candidates for the position of Head - Finance and Administration to support its continuously expanding programs in transforming healthcare in India. WISH is into their third year of operation and has launched innovative programs to vastly improve primary healthcare in Rajasthan and Delhi. On the anvil are programs in MP and Assam and other states of India.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the CEO and also having access to the Founder and the Board, the Head-Finance and Administration will be an active participant in, and driver of, the organization’s overall strategy and be responsible for managing all financial administration, business planning, and budgeting of the organisation. S/he shall also be accountable to the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board and participate in Board meetings, as required.
(A) Financial Management:
(1) Compliance: Continuously evolve policies and procedures to minimize risk; implement sensible controls with regard to expenses, cash advances, receivables and payables; management of the treasury function, for efficient and continuous operation with compliance with FCRA and other regulations and efficient management of banking relations; ensuring filing of all statutory returns, like PF, Income Tax, FCRA and Registrar of Societies;
(2) Reporting: Timely reporting to donors, to senior management, founder's office; forecasting cash flows and reporting against them; all statutory reports;
(3) Budgets and monitoring: Develop budgets and cash flow projections both annually and periodically as required, in collaboration with Program and other functions; obtain timely approval of budgets and expenditure plans; reporting against budgets, with variance reports (with explanations from concerned line departments) for the CEO, Chairman and other function heads; raising concerns for cost overruns or unacceptable cash flow situations outside of the regular reporting cycle;
(4) Audits and Internal Controls: Facilitation and coordination of all audits; monitoring implementation of recommendations and reporting to CEO, Board and Chairman on quarterly basis; developing processes to protect the organization from conflict of interest and other risks like fraud and malfeasance;
(5) Grants, Debt and Equity: Efficient management of grant management in all its aspects: compliance; forecasting requirements; reporting; developing grant budgets for existing and planned budgets; sub grant management on the same lines; monitoring of sub grant partners and building their capacity;
(6) Investment Planning: Ensuring prudent investment of funds as per the policies of the organization.
(1) Tax advisors, legal advisors and auditors: Relationship management, effective liaison and appointment and termination in the best interests of the organization;
(2) Drafting of contracts: Drafting of all MOUs, agreements and contract letters and their modification as and when required;
(3) Assessment of partners and parties who are provided funds: Participation in the selection of partners and innovators who may be funded from time to time; contributing to discussion with potential and existing donors;
(1) Procurement: Timely procurement of all program requirements in line with indents; vendor identification with inputs from line departments and choosing the best party; placement of purchase orders after following due process, ensuring that there is no conflict of interest; follow up of deliveries against orders to ensure continuity of program; resolving disputes which may arise on orders placed; scrutiny of amendments to orders to protect organizational interests;
(2) Office administration: Management of the office and its day to day running to ensure continuously high morale of the staff; controlling office costs without sacrificing staff satisfaction;
(3) Logistics and travel: Effective management of all activities related to travel and logistics to ensure all needs are met at the least cost; monitoring exceptions and ensuring they are kept to the minimum; overseeing the logistics and administration requirements of all official visitors, including advising international visitors on applicable visa requirements;
(4) IT services coordination: Working with the IT service provider for day to day administration of IT set up, data backup and maintenance of assets and upkeep; developing and updating and business continuity plan to protect the organization from any IT failures due to viruses or hardware crashes.
Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned, that is consistent with the nature of the job and the level of responsibility.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must have minimum CA/ICWA Master's degree in accounting or business administration.
(2) CA candidates shall be preferred.
(1) Minimum 15 years of progressively responsible experience in the NGO/INGO sector;
(2) Direct experience of managing Administration function is essential;
(3) Proven experience at a mid to senior management level, with the capacity to be an effective team member and also a leader of the functional team in finance and administration.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Understanding of audit, statutory compliances (FCRA, Income Tax, PF & ESI, Labor Act etc.) and articulating clear practical recommendations;
(2) Mastery of reporting and accountability requirements towards donors and beneficiaries;
(3) Thorough knowledge of allowance and disallowance of costs in the context of specific grant agreements;
(4) Good communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to make presentations before internal and external audiences;
(5) Knowledge of funding database/ grants tracker management;
(6) Sound understanding of conflict of interest challenges and measures to be taken to protect the organization from such situations;
(7) Regular travel to the field will be required, around four or five days a month.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history and is budgeted between Rs.25-30 lacs per annum on total cost to organization basis.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. REFERENCE: HOFA-WISH
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
9. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before January 13, 2017.
Applicants are urged to apply immediately, as interviews with promising applicants are already underway.