Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Forensic Advisor (FA), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), New Delhi, India
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization, whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. ICRC is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and employs around 14,500 people in more than 80 countries across the world. The ICRC is funded mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from national Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
For more information about ICRC, and the work it does in India, please visit https://www.icrc.org/en/where-we-work/asia-pacific/india
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
ICRC wishes to appoint a senior forensic professional as Forensic Advisor(FA), based at New Delhi, India, to assist with the implementation of forensic programs/ activities of the Delhi delegation, with a view to reaching the objectives set within the delegation's plans. Part of the forensic team within the delegation, the FA shall assist the Regional Forensic Coordinator in formulating program/ project policies/ proposals and help ensure the integration of the ICRC forensic programs within the delegation. S/he shall represent the ICRC to external interlocutors, as well as in various fora relevant to her/his responsibilities and tasks, as required.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Ensure the forensic analysis of the context by maintaining an overview on the forensic situation in the contexts covered by the Delhi regional delegation, particularly for relevant target populations;
(2) Manage forensic material;
(3) Work effectively within relevant programmes to advance issues related to forensic science, in particular the dignified management of the dead as they apply to the deceased from disasters and other emergency events;
(4) Assist in representing the ICRC towards the authorities and other stakeholders on all matters related to forensics;
(5) Organising of training courses and field visits in the area covered by the position;
(6) Assist in the implementation of ICRC’s Forensic Strategy and activities related to this file;
(7) Assist in the RBM project management cycle;
(8) Assist in the dissemination of the organisation’s communications on forensic science and humanitarian action;
(9) Assist in the sensitisation of staff and others on forensic issues relevant to the ICRC and help sensitise ICRC staff and relevant external stakeholders on issues related to ICRC’s Humanitarian Forensic Action;
(10) Contribute to networking;
(11) Participate and contribute towards maintaining an optimal team environment;
(12) Participate and contribute to working meetings when required;
(13) Brief ICRC staff as required;
(14) Coordinate Information transfer and reporting;
(15) Provide written and oral reports on forensic issues as required for ICRC action and planning;
(16) Prepare mission reports as required for ICRC action and planning;
(17) Write periodic reports of activities;
(18) Keep the Regional Forensic Coordinator updated on all necessary developments related to forensic programs.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must be forensic practitioners, holding at least a Masters' degree or equivalent, preferably in Forensic Pathology/Anthropology.
(1) Proven forensic case-work experience;
(2) At least 3 years' proven experience in forensic practice;
(3) Proven familiarity with DVI methods and procedures;
(4) Proven forensic dissemination experience and skills and capacity to adapt the message to diverse audiences;
(5) Proven networking skills and practice in the field of forensic sciences and humanitarian practice;
(6) Proven commitment towards highest forensic scientific and ethical standards.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Excellent interpersonal skills, including proven experience and capacity to work constructively in teams under considerable pressure;
(2) Proven ability to undertake responsibilities with considerable degrees of autonomy;
(3) Knowledge of both English and Hindi.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position has been budgeted to attract high calibre talent. Please note that the offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
7. TENURE & CATEGORY OF EMPLOYMENT:
The successful candidate shall initially be offered a one-year contract with ICRC, Delhi delegation, extendable based on satisfactory performance.
8. REFERENCE: FA-ICRC
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org submitting a cover letter highlighting their motivation to apply and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume including names and contact details of at least two referees, at the earliest.
Candidates are urged to apply immediately, as tele-interviews with strong applicants, are likely to be initiated almost right away.