Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Deputy Director (DD), Innovative Change Collaborative Services Pvt. Ltd. (ICCSPL), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Innovative Change Collaborative Services Pvt. Ltd. (ICCSPL) is a strategic partner of ICCO Cooperation, a dynamic global development organization based out of The Netherlands, working towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, without poverty and injustice.
ICCO, through Innovative Change Collaborative Services Pvt. Ltd. (ICCSPL), a value driven social consulting firm, provides technical and knowledge support to individuals and organizations for ensuring a lasting social change.
ICCSPL’s endeavours to make an impact through multi-stakeholder engagements and monitoring and evaluation services, with particular emphasis on social, environmental, economic and technological concerns. It works with a network of associates and a variety of specialists in core sectors.
To learn more about ICCO Cooperation, please visit http://www.icco-cooperation.org
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Managing Director, ICCSPL, the Deputy Director (DD) shall be a key member of the senior management team and work closely with Program Heads, the Strategic Partnership Team and counterpart Program Heads of ICCSPL’s associate organizations.
The DD shall be responsible for overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of the ongoing Country Program, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities, with specific accountability for program results of one or more programs within the Country Office. The DD shall also participate in and support strategic planning, budgeting, resource mobilization initiatives and human resource management.
The post-holder shall provide overall leadership and guidance for the development, implementation and monitoring/ quality assurance, of all program and policy work, in alignment with the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and ICCo’s global strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the young venture of a globally respected development organization, doing extremely credible work in Economic Empowerment, Food Security, Responsible Business and Humanitarian Aid. The post-holder shall play a key, strategic role in overall program leadership and planning, as well as delivery of the overall program and its activities.
(A) Program Planning and Delivery:
(1) Overall Management of Strategic Partnership Program:
ICCSPL has recently endorsed and adopted ICCO Cooperation’s five-year, Strategic Partnership (SP) program, covering diverse thematic areas, to be implemented by a coalition of ICCO Cooperation member organizations and local partners.
The DD shall be responsible for managing the SP program, working closely with concerned Senior Program Manager’s (SPM’s) and the Program Coordinator at the ICCo Global Office. S/he will also collaborate closely with the Finance and Administration Unit and regional and international specialists/ advisors, for the purpose. Specific responsibilities shall include:
(a) Overall program leadership and stakeholder coordination, with co-facilitation by strong local partners;
(b) Facilitating different program phases and alliances;
(c) Overseeing/ being closely connected to program implementation;
(d) Facilitating PMEL processes, assuring task division in coalition plus external actors;
(e) Identifying engagement opportunities for and supporting lobby and advocacy initiatives being undertaken by the Strategic partnership team;
(f) Financial and narrative reporting to the ICCO Cooperation;
(g) Representing ICCO in appropriate fora;
(h) Managing, supervising and mentoring concerned program staff.
(2) Accountability for Small Producer Empowerment and Inclusive Markets Program:
Within the SP program, the DD shall be directly responsible for managing the Small Producer Empowerment and Inclusive Markets Program and accountable for the following:
(a) Planning the delivery of the overall program and its activities, in accordance with the mission and the goals of the SP;
(b) Overall program lead and stakeholder coordination with co-facilitation by strong local partner;
(c) Facilitating different program phases and alliances;
(d) Overseeing/ being closely connected to program implementation;
(e) Facilitating PMEL processes, assuring task division across coalition members and external actors;
(f) Financial and narrative reporting;
(g) Developing a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
(3) Overseeing Stop Child Labour Program– India Platform:
Overseeing the planning, execution and delivery of Stop Child Labour program- India platform program through supervising the staff responsible for delivering the programs.
(4) Other Service-based Programs:
Managing other programs where ICCSPL shall provide technical and other support services.
(B) Human Resource Management:
(1) Directing, planning and coordinating the work of program staff including supervision, training and team building;
(2) Organizing and attending weekly/ monthly team meetings to maintain effective communication and coordination amongst program and its staff;
(3) Selecting, hiring, coaching and performance evaluation of program staff, in consultation with the MD.
(C) Resource Mobilization:
(1) Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies, that include formulation of yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future programmes;
(2) Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy and preparing income and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiative;
(3) Preparing proposals involving the program team for mobilising funds and other resources for ICCSPL programs and projects, primarily from the private sector/ corporates and foundations;
(4) Identifying new initiatives and resource mobilization opportunities, through close engagement with corporates, foundations and partners;
(5) Supporting the acquisition of project and program funding with responsibility for developing and managing successful relationships with existing and potential donors/ Government/ private sector agencies in the field.
(D) Communication & Networking:
(1) Working closely with the communications team of the Country/ Regional Office, sharing timely information about ICCo’s work in the region with the global office;
(b) Supporting the MD in external relations and partnership building;
(c) Representing ICCSPL in various national and International forums, meetings, etc.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a postgraduate qualification in Social Work, Humanities, Development Studies, or the equivalent.
Applicants must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in planning and managing developmental programs including few years at senior management level.
Skills and Attributes:
(1) Skills, knowledge and experience of designing, facilitating and implementing multi stakeholder programs at the state/ national level;
(2) Demonstrated experience in lobbying and advocacy;
(3) Experience in managing projects/ programs for the inclusion of poor and marginal groups in the economic development process and their empowerment, with a key focus on female producers in the market and value chains;
(4) Good project and people management skills, along with strong problem-solving and group work leadership skills;
(5) Good communication skills, including cross sectoral and international actor communication;
(6) Highly developed written communication skills to communicate complex concepts in an accessible way. This shall include report writing skills, presentation and influencing skills;
(7) Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds;
(8) Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
(9) Effective oral and written communication skills along with computer skills;
(10) Ability to work flexible hours and self-motivated;
(11) Innovative and creative thinking;
(12) Reliable and result driven;
(13) Independent and team player.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
7. NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT:
The incumbent shall initially be offered a two-year contract, which may be renewed based on resource availability and performance.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House
New Friends Colony
Bharat Nagar, New Delhi 110 025
10. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organisation and expected compensation, at the earliest.