Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Project Assistant - Data Analysis, International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), New Delhi
Founded in 1920, the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), is both a non-profit institute with five scientific departments and several offices worldwide, and a federation of close to 3,000 organisations and individuals who are committed to the same goals. Its scientific departments focus on tuberculosis, HIV, lung health and non-communicable diseases, tobacco control and research; and each engages in research, provides technical assistance and offers training and other capacity-building activities leading to health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Mission: To promote national autonomy within the framework of the priorities of each country by developing, implementing and assessing anti-tuberculosis, lung health and non-communicable disease programmes as well as other public health issues.
The Union’s Vision: Health solutions for the poor.
The Union’s Values:
(1) Quality The Union delivers services and products to the highest possible standards.
(2) Accountability: The Union is responsible steward of resources and delivers on its commitments.
(3) Independence: The Union maintains the freedom to pursue innovation and is guided by the best evidence to improve the health of the poor.
(4) Solidarity: The Union stands together with its members and partners, as one, to overcome the greatest challenges to improve health among the communities it serves.
For more information about The Union’s work in South East Asia, please visit http://www.theunion.org/where-we-work/south-east-asia
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in the TB and Communicable Diseases Unit, Union South - East Asia Office, the Project Assistant - Data Analysis shall be responsible for facilitating ongoing analysis of all the data assigned to him/her, obtained from a variety of sources, including programme data, patient care, financial, and demographic data. S/he shall be responsible for analyzing data from conceptualization through presentation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:(1) Work with projects to develop and understand data analysis requirements;
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicants must have minimum a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution;
(2) Degree/diploma in IT/ Statistics will be preferred.
Applicants must have minimum 2-3 years of experience in MIS, Data management and analysis, and Administrative duties.
Competencies and Skills:
(1) Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
(2) Fluent written and spoken English;
(3) Strong oral and written communication, analytical, consultation and interpersonal skills;
(4) Excellent organisational skills and ability to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines;
(5) Proficiency with analytical tools (MS Excel, STATA and SPSS), database software (MS Access and MS SQL) and also knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software (MS PowerPoint).
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history and is budgeted between Rs. 5-8 lacs per annum on total cost to organization basis.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi
This is a contractual position for an initial period of one year, extendable based on availability of funds and the performance of the incumbent.
8. REFERENCE: DAPA-UNION
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phones: 011-2684-2162; 011-4165-3612; 011-4101-1564 and 011-4101-1565
10. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organization and expected compensation, by or before January 22, 2017. For further details, please visit www.sams.co.in.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.