Specialist Recruiters to India’s Public Health, Development and CSR Sectors!
1. POSITION VACANT: Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Ashden India Renewable Energy Collective (AIREC), New Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND
A Section 25 company registered in 2013, the Ashden India Renewable Energy Collective (AIREC) is a network of more than 20 successful Indian organisations, working in the area of clean energy, using technologies that include biomass, solar and wind, to foster sustainable energy access, sensitive to the energy and development needs of poor communities.
AIREC members are all Ashden UK Award winners and have come together to speak with one voice to policymakers and financial institutions. The aim is to help scale-up the market for renewable energy in India.
AIREC has access to a vast amount of knowledge and experience in delivering decentralised renewable energy which can help guide changes to energy policy needed to improve the availability of energy to millions in India. AIREC draws on its combined experience to develop policy recommendations for the government and work with financial institutions, to develop scalable solutions in the above areas.
AIREC now needs to be built up to a self-sufficient and secure organisation, seen as a leader in the renewable energy sector. The role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of AIREC demands a highly motivated self-starter with the leadership and strategic skills to take an early stage organisation to the next level in its development. The post-holder must possess a solid background in policymaking and a good understanding of the renewable energy sector. Familiarity with some of the members of AIREC and good contacts in the field would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior, renewable energy professional, to lead a confederation of like-minded reputed organisations and impact policy making in the renewable energy space.
For more information about AIREC, please visit http://ashdenindiacollective.org/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the AIREC Directors and Members and Ashden UK, the CEO will be one of the main spokespersons and ambassadors for AIREC, responsible for setting a strategy, managing the work stream and finances, managing and expanding the Delhi office, liaising with government organisations and funding agencies, overseeing research papers and commissions, and coordinating with members.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Designing a three-year strategy and business plan for AIREC in close association with the Directors, Ashden UK and members;
(2) Designing programmes and projects for AIREC, and seeking funds including:
(3) Coordinating research papers, projects and events led by AIREC:
(4) Networking and influencing change in the renewable energy sector on behalf of AIREC, and in close association with the Chair and Directors:
(5) Developing partnerships for AIREC and its members:
(6) Managing operations of AIREC including:
(7) Coordinating communication between AIREC members:
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a relevant Masters’ degree. Relevant streams include Economics/ Social Science/ Development Studies/ Environmental Science/ Sustainability/ Business Administration/ Engineering, or equivalent.
(1) At least 10 years of overall work experience, including five years work experience in a relevant sector;
(2) Experience of managing projects (including research);
(3) Experience of planning and running events such as seminars and conferences;
(4) Experience of working with and influencing policymakers;
(5) Experience of securing funding and maintaining relationships with funders/partners.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Good strategic thinker, with initiative and drive to take AIREC forward;
(2) Excellent leader and manager;
(3) Excellent networker and able to develop partnerships useful to AIREC;
(4) Good and charismatic public speaker and spokesperson for AIREC;
(5) Good writer, able to write clearly and succinctly, including proposals and reports to funders and partners;
(6) Good spoken and written English;
(7) Good understanding of the renewable energy sector in India;
(8) Good understanding of the fundraising and policy environment in India;
General understanding of Section 8, not-for-profit companies in India, including statutory rules and regulations.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation for the position shall be attractive. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is on a contract basis for one year, extendable based on performance.
7. LOCATION: New Delhi
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9 LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply to email@example.com with a cover letter, discussing their interest in and suitability for the position, along with an updated resume, giving details of three references, current cost to organisation and expected compensation, by or before November 12, 2016. For further details, please visit our website www.sams.co.in.
Please note that final interviews with shortlisted candidates shall be held in New Delhi, with a panel comprising senior AIREC members and the Founder Director, Ashden UK, on November 30, 2016.